Friday, December 17, 2010

Twists, turns and Christmas!

Its been a little while since I wrote in here, so I thought that I had better give whoever is interested, an update. I have now had my current fill for the last 2.5 wks, the doctor put in another .3ml, taking me to a grand total of 5.6ml. (The average being 5.4ml), and WOW what a couple weeks its been. To be short, its been horrible. I haven't been able to eat breakfast, without pain, so that gets bypassed. Lunch lately has been the same (zilch) and its not until around 4pm that I start getting hungry. Just the other day I realised at 3.30pm that I had not eaten all day, yay my focus is not on my next meal anymore, but not so good for the kids that their mum forgot about their lunch (oops!). I would also like to make a complaint to whoever will listen. Clearly I can't eat much...but I'm struggling finding food to eat while we are out. My two year old is eating more than me! I caved in this morning and organised an appointment to have some fluid taken out. It worries me that so little food is getting past my lips these days and I don't want to end up malnourished. I need energy to run after the kids.

Speaking of running, I have made a pact with my friend, that 2011 will be the year that we participate in fun runs. Quite a funny concept actually, as only a few short months ago I would never have put fun and run in the same sentence (well a positive sentence anyway!). Maybe start off with a few smaller ones, then take it from there.

To update other issues that I have previously touched on. I still haven't realised that I have lost weight, yes its still odd but honestly I see myself the same way. I had photos recently with my daughter and I looked horrible. Like I hadn't just lost 20kgs or 139cms, I saw it and was disgusted. Can someone please tell me when I will start absorbing the concept into my system?

While I'm being dedicated enough to write on here again, I want to give a massive shout out to Weight Watchers for their brains behind the mini meals. About frickin time!! They are a great size for me and aren't expensive...yay! I wonder if they can influence the restaurants, or any food establishment for that matter, into offering smaller meals. I ordered an entree size pasta recently while out for dinner, I shared my entree with my daughter and yet there was still half a bowl left.....I ordered an ENTREE', hello!!

Anyway, off to bed for me. I have another day of fighting my band to allow food past it, just so I can actually function. I will write again before Christmas if time permits, if not I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas!!

Until next time....

Be Merry....drinking or eating....whatever works!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been banded yet (I will be on Monday!), but when I go out to eat I ask for only half of my meal to be brought to me (or 1/3 depending on your hunger level) and the rest boxed up. It helps me to not have all the food on there with the head hunger anyway.

    Oh, and about the tightness in the morning, most bandsters ARE tighter in the morning, no one's really sure why - but it's definitely interesting. :)

    I notice you don't have any followers, except me now - so I'll give you a shoutout on my blog (http://bandumentary.blogspot.com). :) Us girls need all the support we can get, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you on the running thing, my hubby and I are going to do the warrior dash when I get into good shape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I just started following you! Looking forward to reading about your experience with your band. I also can't eat any breakfast (which is okay with me because I'm not a big morning eater) and lunch is always a protein shake as I still get stuck around lunch time more or less, so I've stopped trying to eat solid food until dinner. It can be frustrating - I actually wish it was the opposite because I can eat anything at night which is my urge to binge is greatest. Ah well. Anyways, looking forward to following your journey!

    --
    http://violinistwithaband.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started following, sounds like you're doing really well. Will pop off to read the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too - a new follower!
    Looks like we get to see the magic unfold!

    ReplyDelete